<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6909649?origin\x3dhttp://danielboy.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Super Update!

Some friends of mine have been asking me to update me blog. Actually that would be quite an understatement considering their taunts ranged from "Update bitch!" to "Stop being such a lazy bastard".

Well, there can only be two possible reasons why I haven't updated for so long.
  1. Because my life has been so exciting and filled with such fun and laughter that I just have no time to update my blog;
  2. or,
  3. Because my life has been such an inconsequential drivel that I have absolutely nothing to write about.

As much as I would like to inform them that I simply have no time to write due to my multiple adventures to the edge of the world and back, the latter would seriously be much closer to the truth.

So to bring you all up to speed for the past month or two, here's a really brief update of what has been happening!

Right after the mid-terms there were lotsa lotsa project deadlines to meet! But nothing too dire this term.

Round about this time, a certain Minister of State accused homosexuals of causing AIDS! You know like how cows cause global warming by farting so much methane? And you thought the Americans declined the Kyoto Protocol because of the mondo profits at stake, they were simply protecting flatulent bovine rights.

Following that, the Prime Minister came out (no not that kind of coming out) and told that Singapore will get two casinos! Various sectors of society (read: Christian Fundies) came out (again not that sorta coming out) to protest against the audacity of PM LHL to make executive decisions like that. More annoying, during the wake of the announcement in Parliament, a barrage of MPs went up to say that since the decision has already been made, we should just make the best of it and that there is really no reason to continue debating about it ad nauseam. To which I opined: Not that I would find fault with such a suggestion, but then my dear MPs, why are so many of you freakin' reiterating that we should stop reiterating the issue in parliament, whoring for screen time, and delaying my CSI broadcast!? (Note to self: I need to find a life beyond cussing MPs on Telly)

Following that little tirade came my exams! I had four papers in three days. That kinda sucked but it was worth it considering the bragging rights you get over our NUS & NTU counterparts after that. Not that I cared for school to end so soon without anything to do nor plans during the holidays. In fact, I was quite sad that this term had to end so soon. My profs were all so adorable and funny. And what I'm fearing is that from here onwards, the quality of professors I'll get can only go down hill from what I got this term.

And after that episode of inert contemplation, Jiamin, Weizheng and I went on a mission to root out the cheapest cameras in town! Actually I was more bored out of my wits from staying at home then actually going to buy a camera there and then. But at least it occupied me for about a week, after which still no camera. I wanna buy this one by the way. And when my TA money finally comes (if it ever comes) I shall buy it immediately! or not. Hmm...

That brings us to an hour ago when I decided that I shall resurrect my comatose jogging regime! This decision was a direct result of my inability to continue ignoring the gut that is thriving between my line of sight and my privates, no thanks to the multitude of birthday dinners/buffets (buffets are the worse, it is a conspiracy by Plastic Surgeons to get you liable for liposuction I tell you). Not to mention my In-camp Training coming up at the end of the month. I figured since I can't get a proper job, perhaps doing well for my IPPT might earn me a little bonus instead. Did I mention I NEED A JOB? Yeah, I NEED A JOB!

PS: Don't the exclamation marks make my life seem so much more interesting?! (Reference Days of Our Lives article)

2 Comments:

Blogger joyce unkhoo said...

i still haven't found whitecastle!

2:22 AM, May 06, 2005  
Blogger Danielboy said...

I'm not surprised at all, considering your little town doesn't even have a Mcdonalds or a Starbucks. Are you sure you're really in America and not North Korea?

9:53 PM, May 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home